Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh boy!


Wow, so much has happened! My computer is broken and I had to send it in for repair. I'm on one of my roommates laptops. So this is going to be a long post yet again. So first... School continues to be going amazingly well. I love my classes still. However, midterms start tomorrow and run all through next week so we'll see how I feel after that. The lab is going really well as well. I pretty much spend every spare minute there. Because I'm the newest I often get stuck with the things that nobody else wants to do. So, so far I've made mud, yes made mud. We work with a plant called arabadoppsis that has the type of Protein we're studying. So basically I made mud to fill the flower pots. I've also harvested seeds off dead plants, which is a lot harder than it sounds because the seeds are smaller than a pin head. They are pretty much impossible to handle. And then I take those seeds and spread them around on petri dishes so they can start growing. Its not really that exciting, but being in the lab is fun because I get to learn a TON and watch everyone else do really fun stuff. But basically the coolesting thing I've done is isolate DNA. But the graduate student who's project I'm working on said I'll probablly be able to start PCR next week. YAY! And everyone who works in the lab is really nice and fun. Haha but I have a funny story! My very first day in the lab, I was doing an isolation of DNA, and part of the procedure is to put the DNA in the centrifuge, which spins the stuff around really fast to pull the DNA to the bottom and leave the liquid on the top. So I put the samples in the centrifuge and let it run. But afterward the lid wouldn't open so I couldn't take the samples out. So I asked John, whos the graduate student, what I should do, and he said to just tap it lightly. So I did. Nothing happened. So he said to hit it again harder. So I did. And...it broke! I broke something on the first day in the lab. Bad.

But it's been good since then. Hmmm.....what else. There has been a quite a stir about apartments for next fall in our apartment. Its been kind of frustrating to me because I don't know what I want to do yet. I'm probablly going to stay for Spring and Summer to continue working in lab, but I'm not sure yet. And so I don't know where I would live if I do stay and if that would affect where I would live in the fall. But then there is also that fact I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to share a room with Valene again. She's just not very nice. And is hard to live with. So I don't know what I'm going to do. I want to stay with the rest of the rest of my roommates because they are wonderful! But I don't know if I can do that and not room with Valene. So we'll see. I keep trying to convince Rachel to come down and room with me, but she doesn't want to leave Mr. Justin Wonderful Pants. But I say the Justinator can just move down here and work! They don't seem up for the idea. Huh Rachel?

P.S. Don't let Rachel's naive tone in her blog fool you. Her and Justin are pretty serious, and if Jayne doesn't start catching up Rae may be the first one to get married. I'm talking like September!

Now for my own love life...this is where the "oh boy" comes in. Ok, so I'm slightly interested in several boys. There is this boy at work named McKay, who is really cute, but I don't know him very well. Then there is the boy named David, who was just called to be the FHE dad with me. He just broke up with his girl friend and he's super sweet and really cute as well. And then...there's Asher. This is were all the problems start. Um...ok so Asher McKee. He's this boy in my Molecular Biology class. We actually have three classes together. Two in a row too. :) Mkay, so its Asher, and this other girl named Lexie, and I in a lab group for Molecular Biology. So Asher is WAYYYYY cute. He's a return missionary (the other boys aren't) and he's going to be a dentist! But, problem number 1: Lexie, the other girl, really likes him. She flirts with him all through class, and even though I like him, I really don't want to compete for his attention. So up till now I was like...whatever she can have him, theres tons of gorgeous guys at BYU. Well that worked up till yesterday.

Ok...yesterday: So I had MMBIO with Asher and Lexie which went fine. Lexie was flirting away as usual. It actually makes me nauseous sometimes. Anyways, afterwards Asher and I went to Chemistry together afterwards, and we sat next to each other as usual. And we talked the whole time, nothing special though. But then as we were walking out he turns to me and says "hey, I'm going country swing dancing tonight, do you want to come?" Oh boy. So I said I would think about it and let him know. I had a ton of homework to do and a couple tests to study for, so I really didn't have time. So I went to the lab and started working there and then I got a text from him asking me if I could study with him later. I said I could, so after I was done in the lab I went to the library and we studied for 2 hours. Then I went to my friend's tennis match and he walked me there because he had parked near there. And as we walked he asked me again about going dancing. And I told him about all my homework and everything but he just kept giving me reasons I should come so finally I was like fine! So he told me he'd pick me up at 8:45 because it started at 9. So I went to the tennis match and afterwards my friends and I went to Taco Bell and ate dinner. So 8:45 came around and Asher called. And earlier he had told me that other people were coming but when he called he said that everyone else had bailed out so it would be just us...so I said that was fine. So he picked me up and we went and he paid for me and there was a half hour instruction first and then there was just a bunch of dancing. So at first we danced every dance together. He's SOOOOO good. And it was so much fun! Anyways, so earlier he had told me he never dances with the same girl twice unless he brought a girl with him. So after we danced about five dances together I told him he didn't have to dance with me everytime and that if he wanted he could dance with some other girls and that I wouldn't be upset or anything. So he was like, "alright, but can we still dance every other dance together?" And I said that would be fine. So we danced every other dance together. It was sooooo fun. He's soooo cute, and soooo sweet, and he's smart, and funny, and just wonderful! So anyways, in between dancing with him I danced with some other guys, but they weren't as good as Asher, and one guy just talked about himself the whole time. It was really annoying. But then there was Kenny... hahah oh dear. Ok so earlier Asher had pointed him out to me and said he comes a lot. He's this really old guy, probablly in his thirtys and he's almost bald. And hes Super short. Like shorter than Becky. Haha, so at first he asked me to dance for a fast swing, and he just did the same move OVER and OVER and OVER again. But then he asked me to dance the next slow song and this is where it got interesting. We talked a little bit, and he was really nice, a little weird, but nice. But then his hand started moving lower on my back towards my tushy! I was like uh...TIME TO SPIN!!! So I start spinning and then I put his hand back on my UPPER back. And then he made a really obvious glance at my chest!!! and then looked up at me and SMILED!!!! It was sooo creepy. And then he was like you have a really pretty smile. I was like....thanks....I really didn't know what to say...and then the song ended and they started playing a slow slong right after and he tried to keep dancing with me for the next song, so I kind of patted his back and was like...thanks it was fun. Haha so then Asher came up and asked me to dance for that slow song, and I told him everything that had happened, and then Asher said, "well can you blame him?" But I didn't really know what he meant so I just kind of laughed nervously. It was awkward. But afterwards he drove me home and walked me to my door and when I was halfway through the door I realized I should probablly say goodnight so I turned around and was like, Thanks Asher, I had so much fun. And he just gave me this awkward thumbs up and was like "see you Friday." It was awkward. So I went to my apartment, and it was almost 1! So I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't stop thinking about him. And then today in class I couldn't focus because I couldn't stop thinking about him. So now I'm left with three problems: The first one I already mentioned...My friend Lexie likes him. Problem two, If I like him, and he doesn't like me, I'll get hurt. Problem three, If I like him, and he ends up liking me, I don't know if I'm ready to start dating again. Especially since hes almost 23 and I'm not even 19 yet and I'm just getting over Jordan, and yeah... So I don't know what to do. I'm scared. It can go a lot of different ways and everyway it goes ends badly. :( Yeah...I'll keep you posted on what happens in the future. My roommates think this whole thing is super hilarious. They even wrote a song to the tune of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. It goes something like this:

You know Stetson and Jordan and Cody and Scott.
MJ and Doug and the many I forgot.
But do you recall, the one that beat them all?
Asher the RM boyfriend (boyfriend)
had a very lovely face
and if you ever saw it (saw it)
It would sure make your heart race. ( Like NASCAR!)

All of the other RMs (RMs)
wish they could have Maddi (Bailey face)
To bad they have no chance (chance)
All their last names go badly (like Pabladdie)

Then one Wednesday evening
Asher came to say ( hey, hey, hey)
Maddi will you go with me
to dance and swing to country?

Oh how Maddi loved him (loved him)
As she shouted out with glee (yipee)
Asher the RM boyfriend
Will you please marry me? (for eternity!)



Yeah...they're "special"

In response to Rachel's post:
Well I already mentioned before how you were super sneaky about how serious you and Justin are. I think you should marry him. But you already know what I think. Becky, Jayne, although Rae is biased, everything she says about Justin is true. He's great and a perfect match for Rachel. Oh, and I'm definately addicted to this blog as well. I love hearing from everyone.

In response to Jayne's blog:
Jayne you better keep us updated on your boy situation(s). I want to know EVERYTHING!!! And I doubt you'll make it through undergraduate, law school, and a mission, before you get married You're too beautiful for the boys to leave you alone.

Alright I think thats all for now. Also, I'm going to make our blog on private because I don't want my roommate getting on and reading what I wrote... sound good? I love you guys sooooooo much!

I'm sure we'll be getting together sooner or later for weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment