Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mellow Yellow


Your lives all sound so wonderful, interesting, and fast-paced! I feel like mine is quite the oposite. Mine is pretty mellow, but I'm lovin every minute of it.

I have some of the coolest friends here. I have a small group of kids that I hang out with constantly. I am by far the youngest but I feel like I fit in anyways. haha we have a lot of fun. Like on friday we all went on a group grocery trip to get cake-mix and ice cream then we went back to one of my friends who lives off-campus and we made homeade ice cream sandwiches. While they were getting firm we went to the school's talent show. It was hilarious. Then walking back we saw fireworks in the sky so we ran to the beach and all chilled and watched them. Then we went back to get our treats and took them down to Hau'ula where we watched a movie. After the movie we went back to my friends house and sat on the trampoline to look at the stars (which are incredible here by the way) Anyways, every day is seriously perfect here, I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be.

Oh! I want you to know that I am finally getting some resemblance of a tan! Me and three boys that I met yesterday went to Waimea Bay beach where you can cliff jump. The sun was out for once so instead of doin much jumping we all just chilled on the top of the rock and caught some sun. I, of course got a little burned, but this morning i didn't look burnt I just looked a shade or two darker. Yay for Jayne! But after the beach yesterday I went with the same boys to a different beach once it got dark and we had a bonfire and cooked s'mores. (Apparently bonfires are the thing to do here cuz thats what everyone does when their bored) It was way fun, I just kinda felt like one of the guys. One of the boys, Cameron, ( the one I think is the cutest hehe) promised to put a dred in my hair (aka rats tail ha!) so Im very excited for that. ha

Anyways for the boy situation here... There are lots of boys here that I find attractive. The one I was referring to in an earlier post is named Zach. He went on a mission to Taiwan so everyday he teaches me a few words or a phrase in Chinese. He's amazing, he's in my "group" so we spend a lot of time together. However, he more or less is starting to feel like an older brother . Then there is Taylor. He's my tall, blonde hair,blue-eyed surfer boy. ha He grew up here in Hawaii and i dunno, we just hit it off really well. Every one of our friends tried to set us up, and he likes me...we've gone on quite a few super fun dates, but he isn't going on a mission until this fall so Im not sure how smart starting something would be. Haha then there is Gabe. He's from Brazil and has amazing curly blonde hair. He has a super thick accent and is really cute. He definitely made it known that he is into me, but he's 26 and my friends here aren't a fan of him. haha and then the sad thing is if i could have my pick of any guy on the island, it would be Cory. He's the whole package. He's a basketball player here, He's really smart, He's really attractive, He's so incredibly sweet, He's everything. We're really good friends and we study together a ton.... But he's dating his sister-in-law's little sister. Wierd. She lives in my hale (dorm) and she's not very nice to me. I don't think she's very pretty either but Cory really likes her anyways.

ha so Ta-dah! Thats my life :) not as fun as yours all sounds but its still mine, what can ya do right? haha

i love you all to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment