Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tie-Dye Tuesday




Okay okay I know, I'm really slow at posting. My apologies. Well a lot has happened since the last time i was on here, i just cant remember what. well I've got a story for you at least. So last week, my 4 closest (and only) girlfriends here decided that Jayne missed out on her senior morp, so we decided to make up for it by going on a girl-ask-guy date. And just so that i wouldnt feel like i missed anything from morp, i was given the job (i mean privilege) of finding a date for each of my friends. The catch was I didnt get to choose my own date- they chose my date, I chose all of theirs. Got it? K. Well can i just express to you how difficult it is to find 4 available, decent guys last minute? I mean, this isnt provo. The pickings are slim. Plus, my friends were expecting me to find them their eternal companions or something. I dunno. Needless to say I think i knew what every unmarried guy on campus was doing last weekend by the time I found my friends dates. Anyways, for our date we decided to have a brunch, go rope-swinging, and tie-dye shirts (our original idea was to attack canvas shoes with paint- but we couldnt find shoes in everyones sizes so we resorted to our fall back plan). My date ended up being a guy named Brett. I still cant figure out why he ever agreed to go with me- my only other encounter with him was insulting him after he did a scarily-amazing job in the suesical. My friends musta bribed him. Either way, Im glad i had a second chance to meet him, because he was a ton of fun to be around, not to mention really cute. I must mention though, two of the couples i put together on the date have now been on multiple other dates (in the past 4 days, yes). I know, I know, im just a good little matchmaker, what can I say?
So anyways, it just came to my attention that the semester is ending in less than 3 weeks. Not cool. Im not ready to face az just yet. Plus, since people think they can just come to school here for a semester and then leave, a lot of my closest friends here aren't coming back. Out of my immediate group of friends (yes, of course i managed to yet again find myself in a clique, regardless of past promises) only 1 other girl is staying and 2 boys. Lame. Well obviously im dorming with Lauren for first term, and then her and I are moving into a house together in the fall. I dont know what Im going to do when she graduates then. i guess get married or something. not.
It's finally getting warm here, but that was a really cruel trick of Hawaii to be colder than az. now i dont even have enough time to get a proper tan by the time i get home. And i have to stay in mesa for 6 weeks before I get to come home to Laie. After that, Im not leaving here again.
The end. Love you girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment